Updated August 14, 1:49 p.m.
Dear friends, students and members of our community:
We will continue to closely monitor updates from local and federal government, and provide updates to students as needed.
Based on the latest data, we have implemented the following prevention procedures:
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO PROTECT OUR STERLING COMMUNITY:
- Associates, students and guests should always wear face coverings when in close proximity of others. Not only when training in an aircraft, but inside the hangar and facility as well.
- Remember, asymptomatic individuals could be carriers of Covid-19. Proper face coverings help prevent airborne spread, on surfaces and through interpersonal interactions.
- Maintain social distancing where possible (six feet distance between individuals, instructor to remain outside the glass while training in the simulator, common areas, ground training, etc.). Reminders have been placed throughout the hangar.
- When in line, please adhere to the designated waiting area to enforce social distancing.
- It is expected that associates and students will continue to properly disinfect themselves and belongings regularly. This includes:
- Frequent hand-washing
- Use of hand-sanitizer which has been provided
- Frequent wipe-down of personal belongings
- Sanitation processes which includes regular cleaning of all customer and associate areas including door handles, light switches, bathrooms, appliances, counters, seating, keyboards, etc.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available for all visitors, students and associates.
- Students and associates are asked to check their temperature daily before reporting for training.
- All individuals entering the building will be asked to voluntarily have their temperature taken upon arrival and complete a COVID screening questionnaire.
- All training and rentals will continue to be by appointment as to limit the number of individuals present at Sterling.
- Congregating in common areas will not be allowed.
- All aircraft will be regularly cleaned with a misting disinfectant that adheres to CDC recommendations.
- All associates/instructors have been provided disinfecting supplies for pre and post-flight cleaning routines including:
- Wiping down all aircraft door handles, and door pulls
- Wiping down leather/vinyl seats
- Wiping down flight controls/yoke
- Wiping down instrument control knobs/switches
- Removing all solid waste
- If you are feeling ill or have been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, you will be asked to stay home until symptoms have cleared for 48 hours, you receive negative test results or you have self-quarantined for 14 days.
- We ask that you maintain precautions outside of Sterling to limit your exposure to infection.
- If you are in an “at-risk” category, we encourage you to self-identify so we can work with you to reduce your chance of exposure.
- This category includes individuals with underlying medical conditions. Such underlying conditions include, but are not limited to, chronic lung disease, moderate to severe asthma, hypertension, severe heart conditions, weakened immunity, severe obesity, diabetes, liver disease, and chronic kidney disease that requires dialysis.
- To aid in contact tracing, Sterling will notify local health officials, associates, and customers (if possible) immediately of any possible case of COVID-19 while maintaining confidentiality consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other applicable privacy laws.
Thank you for your ongoing support and patience as we enact these efforts to be proactive and protect our community through these preventative measures.